You generally want to change the font style on WhatsApp to spice up the look of your chat messages. Among the many hidden tricks of WhatsApp messaging, changing the font style is one of the more interesting ones.
So, in this article, we shall discuss how you can change the font style on your WhatsApp chats and status on Android and iPhone platforms.
How To Change Font Style on WhatsApp
You can use the built-in feature of WhatsApp to change the font styles into bold, italics, strikethrough, and more. Here is how you do it on Android and iPhone in 2022.
- Open WhatsApp app on Android or iPhone.
- Tap on Chats, select a Contact, and start a chat with someone.
- While typing a message, do the following to change your font styles.
- For bold, type the text in between the asterisk (*) marks.
- E.g. *This is bold text.*
- For Italics, type the text in between the underscore (_) marks.
- E.g. _This is italics text._
- For Strikethrough, type the text in between the tilde (~) marks.
- E.g. ~
This is a strikethrough text.~
- For a monospace text, type the text in between the three backticks (“`) marks.
- E.g. “`This is a monospace text.“`
Apple’s iOS keyboard does not have the three backticks key. However, there is another method for changing the font style in WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. So, you can use that method to write on typewriter text on the iPhone. Follow the steps below.
- Type the text in your message area on WhatsApp.
- Select the text message you want to change the font style.
- Tap on the three dots icon on the right for Android. For iOS, you can tap the (BIU) option.
- Tap on Bold to bold the text.
- Tap on Italic to italicize the text.
- Tap on Strikethrough to strikethrough the text.
- Tap on Monospace to write on typewriter text.
How To Combine The Font Styles On WhatsApp
You can combine bold, italics, strikethrough, and other font styles in the same message on WhatsApp. But you need to remember the order in which you start and end the text message to combine the font styles.
For example, if you want to bold, strikethrough, and italicize the text, then you need to start and end the message like:
*~_This is a bold, strikethrough, and italicized text._~*
Remember that you can combine the font styles in any combinations you want but the order needs to be followed while starting and ending the message. Another thing to note is that you cannot combine the monospace font style with the other text style combinations.
- Apple: How To Transfer WhatsApp Chats From Android To iPhone
- How to change WhatsApp number without losing chats
- How To See Deleted WhatsApp Messages
Use Third-Party Apps To Change Into Different Fonts On WhatsApp
Third-party apps allow you to change the font while typing a message on WhatsApp. Some of these apps are free, while others are not. Moreover, some apps require root access or special permissions to run.
Fonts Keyboard App is available in both the Google Play Store for Android and the App Store for iOS. Several other font-changing apps are available that change font faces, font colors and make your texts more interesting.
Some of the third party apps you can use are:
- Fonts Keyboard app for Android.
- Fonts Keyboard app for iOS.
- Better Fonts app for iOS
- Fancy Text app for Android.
- Color Texting Messenger for iOS.
- Blue Words app for Android.
You can use these apps to change fonts for other apps like Instagram, Tik Tok, etc. Make sure to comply with their app permissions and keyboard options after installing to change the font styles of your texts.
How To Change Font Size On WhatsApp On Android
On Android, along with changing the font style and font faces, you can also change the font size to large, small, or medium. Here is how you do it.
- Open WhatsApp.
- From the top-right corner, tap on the three dots icon.
- Tap on Settings on the resulting pop-up menu.
- Now, tap on Chats, and under Chat settings, tap on Font size.
- You can choose one of the three font sizes of Small, Medium, and Large as per your preference.
Remember that you cannot put a custom font of any size on WhatsApp. You can only choose between one of the three given options.
How To Change Font Size On WhatsApp On iPhone
Unlike Android, you cannot change the font size of your texts on the iOS version of WhatsApp as it has no such function.
However, you can increase or decrease the font size of the texts on the iPhone from the device settings. Here is how you do it.
- Go to your iPhone Settings and tap on General.
- Scroll down and tap on Accessibility.
- Now, tap Larger Text.
- You will see a slider at the bottom of your screen.
- You can push the slider to the right or left to increase or decrease the font size respectively.
How To Change Font Style On WhatsApp Status
You can change the font style on WhatsApp not only on chats but also on your WhatsApp status. Follow the method below to change your WhatsApp font style on the status on both Android and iPhone.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Tap on Status from the top.
- Now, you can tap on the pencil icon to write a text status, or tap on the Camera icon for an image or video status.
- While writing a text on your status, tap on the “T” icon.
- This icon allows you to change your font style. You can tap the T icon multiple times to constantly change fonts.
- You can also tap on the color palette to change the background color of your status.
- After changing the font style of the status, tap on the paper plane icon to send your status.
Within this article, you have learned how to change the font style on WhatsApp chats on Android and iPhone, how to change the font size, and how to change the font style of WhatsApp status. For any queries or confusion, please put them in the comment section below.
Follow and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube