- Existing Gmail account: Go to iPhone Settings > Mail > Accounts. Tap your Gmail account. Tap Contacts to On.
- New account: Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account > Google. Tap Contacts to On.
This article explains how to sync your Gmail contacts to an existing Gmail account on the iPhone. It also includes information on how to sync your Gmail contacts when you initially set up a new Gmail account on an iPhone. These instructions apply to iPhones with iOS 14 or iOS 13.
Syncing Contacts to an Existing Gmail Account on iPhone
Although you can choose to sync your Gmail contacts when you initially add the Gmail account to your iPhone, you can add them later to an existing Gmail account.
Here’s how to get those Gmail contacts into your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Tap Mail and select Accounts.
- Tap your existing Gmail account.
- Tap the slider next to Contacts to move it to the On position.
- Your Gmail Contacts begin to sync with the iPhone immediately.
Syncing Contacts When Adding a New Gmail Account
If you haven’t added your Gmail account to the iPhone, you can do that and sync the Contacts at the same time.
- To add Gmail as a new account on your iPhone, select Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account.
- Choose Google from the options in the next screen.
- Enter your Gmail address when prompted and select Next. Enter your password and tap Next.
- Tap the switch next to Contacts until it is in the On/green position, and then tap Save.
- All your Gmail contacts sync to your iPhone.
Follow and connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube