Every stylish woman knows that jackets are much more than coverage or protection from the cold. It’s an undeniable fashion moment that can make or break a look. With so many jackets coming in different colours, styles, materials, and overall fit, finding the perfect one for you can be a challenge.
Keep reading to see the iconic pieces you need to have in your closet right now and the qualities you need to look for when shopping for your outerwear.
Jackets that Every Girl Needs to Own
When shopping for outerwear, it’s important to be familiar with the trends and fashion movements. What’s hot and what’s not; what’s stylish and out of date. With so many options, it can be overwhelming to pick a select few. Knowing what’s trendy is a good place to start and a failsafe method to ensure that you get your money’s worth.
Take a look at the list of items you need to own to get you started.
- Classic Trench Coat: You can never go wrong with the classics. When shopping for jackets, a trench coat should be on top of the list if you don’t have one already. It’s an essential piece that’s chic, elegant, and timeless.
- Cool Denim Jacket: Denim made its mark in the fashion world in the 90s, but it’s proven to be a long-lasting trend as people still can’t get enough of it to this day. It’s what you wear if you want to feel instantly cool.
- Cozy Puffer Jacket: It not only gives you the warmth that you need for winter, but it also looks badass when styled properly. A cropped puffer jacket with high waisted jeans is a simple yet fashionable look. Get inspiration from icons like Kylie Jenner, Rihanna, Cardi B, and Billie Eilish, who have put puffer jackets on the list of trendy fashion items to own.
- Blazers: A fashion piece you can wear all year round. It’s not too heavy and not too light. It gives you a flair of professionalism every time you wear it.
- Statement Jacket: Despite all the tried and tested fashion items, your closet must have a jacket representing who you are. It needs to express your style, creativity, and personality, so go out there and search for patterns, texture, and quirky designs.
Factors to Consider when Shopping for Jackets
Much like any other clothing, not all jackets are made equal. Here are some factors you need to consider when you’re out shopping for your outerwear:
- Know Your Body Type: The first thing to consider is the wearer. Knowing your body shape and body type can help you determine which styles flatter your curves.
- Go for Quality: Know the material, check for loose stitching, see if the zipper glides smoothly. A good quality coat should last you a long time.
- Have Enough Space for Layers: Jackets are designed to be toppers. That said, a good jacket should have enough space, especially in the arms, for when you want to layer it on top of multiple clothing items. You should be able to move comfortably in your whole outfit without the fear of ripping it apart.
- Don’t Forget the Pockets: A pocket is every woman’s saving grace. Always check if there are available packets in your jackets and how many items they can fit. Besides being a room for storage, pockets are also essential to keep your hands warm during the colder seasons.
What Makes Jackets an Essential
Jackets have been a wardrobe staple for the longest time because they not only keep you cozy and warm but also give you that added layer of style. A good jacket can elevate your outfit to a whole new level, so be wise on your next purchase. Now that you know which pieces to own and what to look for when you shop, there’s very little chance for you to get it wrong.